- 1.4.1. Confirm that you have obtained the necessary authority to agree to these general terms and conditions;
- 1.4.2. bind both yourself and the person company or other legal entity that operates that business or organizational project to these general terms and conditions; and
- 1.4.3. agree that you in these general terms and conditions shall reference both the individual user and the relevant person company or legal entity unless the context requires otherwise.
2. Registration and account
- 2.2.1. keep your password confidential;
- 2.2.2. Notify us in writing immediately (using our contact details provided at section 26) if you become aware of any disclosure of your password; and
- 2.2.3. be responsible for any activity on our marketplace arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and that you may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
- 2.2.4. Your account shall be used exclusively by you and you shall not transfer your account to any third party. If you authorize any third party to manage your account on your behalf this shall be at your own risk.
- 2.2.5. We may suspend or cancel your account and/or edit your account details at any time in our sole discretion and without notice or explanation providing that if we cancel any products or services you have paid for but not received and you have not breached these general terms and conditions we will refund you in respect of the same.
- You may cancel your account on our marketplace by contacting us
3. Terms and conditions of sale
- 3.1.1. the marketplace provides an online location for sellers to sell and buyers to purchase products;
- 3.1.2. we shall accept binding sales on behalf of sellers but (unless UBEKCON Store is indicated as the seller) UBEKCON Store is not a party to the transaction between the seller and the buyer; and
- 3.1.3. a contract for the sale and purchase of a product or products will come into force between the buyer and seller and accordingly you commit to buying or selling the relevant product or products upon the buyer’s confirmation of purchase via the marketplace.
4. Returns and refunds
- 4.2.1. in respect of the product price;
- 4.2.2. local and/or international shipping fees (as stated on the refunds page); and
- by way of store credits vouchers mobile money transfer bank transfers or such other methods as we may determine from time to time.
- 5.1. You must make payments due under these general terms and conditions in accordance with the Payments Information and Guidelines on the marketplace.
6. Store Credit
- 6.1. Store Credits may be earned and managed in accordance with the UBEKCON Store Credit Terms and Conditions as may be amended from time to time. UBEKCON Store reserves the right to cancel or withdraw UBEKCON Store store credit rewards for any reason in its discretion including if we suspect fraud or foul play. You can view Reward Store Credit terms and conditions on our website
- 7.1. Promotions and competitions run by Jumia and/or other promoters shall be managed in accordance with the Promotions Terms and Conditions. You can view each Promotion’s terms and conditions on our website
8. Rules about your content
- 8.1.1. all works and materials (including without limitation text graphics images audio material video material audio-visual material scripts software and files) that you submit to us or our marketplace for storage or publication processing by or onward transmission; and
- 8.1.2. all communications on the marketplace including product reviews feedback and comments.
9. Our rights to use your content
- 9.1 – You grant to us a worldwide irrevocable non-exclusive royalty-free license to use reproduce store adapt publish translate and distribute your content on our marketplace and across our marketing channels and any existing or future media.
- 9.2 – You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under section 9.1
- 9.3 – You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under section 9.1
- 9.4 – You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- 9.5 – Without prejudice to our other rights under these general terms and conditions if you breach our rules on content in any way or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached our rules on content we may delete unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
10. Use of website and mobile applications
- 10.2.1. view pages from our website in a web browser;
- 10.2.2. download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- 10.2.3. print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- 10.2.4. stream audio and video files from our website using the media player on our website; and
- 10.2.5. use our marketplace services by means of a web browser subject to the other provisions of these general terms and conditions.
11. Copyright and trademarks
- 11.1.1. we together with our licensors own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- 11.1.2. all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
12. Data privacy
- 12.1. Buyers agree to processing of their personal data in accordance with the terms of Jumia’s Privacy and Cookie Notice.
- 12.3. Sellers shall be directly responsible to buyers for any misuse of their personal data and UBEKCON Store shall bear no liability to buyers in respect of any misuse by sellers of their personal data.
13. Due diligence and audit rights
- 13.2.1. in order to verify your adherence to and performance of your obligations under these terms and conditions;
- 13.2.2. for the purpose of disclosures pursuant to a valid order by a court or other governmental body; or
- 13.2.3. as otherwise required by law or applicable regulation.
14. UBEKCON Store role as a marketplace
- 14.1.1. UBEKCON Store facilitates a marketplace for buyers and third party sellers or UBEKCON Store where UBEKCON Store is the seller of a product;
- 14.1.2. the relevant seller of the product (whether Jumia is the seller or whether it is a third party seller) shall at all times remain exclusively liable for the products they sell on the marketplace; and
- 14.1.3. in the event that there is an issue arising from the purchase of a product on the marketplace the buyer should seek recourse from the relevant seller of the product by following the process set out in UBEKCON Store_ DISPUTE RESOLUTION POLICY
15. Limitations and exclusions of liability
- 15.1.1. limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- 15.1.2. exclude any liabilities or statutory rights that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- 16.1.1. any and all losses damages costs liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to any third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of your use of our marketplace or any breach by you of any provision of these general terms and conditions or the UBEKCON Store codes policies or guidelines; and
- 16.1.2. any VAT liability or other tax liability that we may incur in relation to any sale supply or purchase made through our marketplace where that liability arises out of your failure to pay withhold declare or register to pay any VAT or other tax properly due in any jurisdiction.
17. Breaches of these general terms and conditions
- 17.2.1. temporarily suspend your access to our marketplace;
- 17.2.2. permanently prohibit you from accessing our marketplace;
- 17.2.3. block computers using your IP address from accessing our marketplace;
- 17.2.4. contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our marketplace;
- 17.2.5. suspend or delete your account on our marketplace; and/or
- 17.2.6. commence legal action against you whether for breach of contract or otherwise.